Harman auger motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
The bearing on my motor is squealing like crazy. Was wondering how much of a task is it to replace? Dealer won't be able to get out till next week some time. I stripped the stove down, cleaned, wire brushed, scraped. Cleaned out the fines. Tried to to spray the bearing with someWD-40 and it worked for about 5 minutes, and she's back to squealing. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Pretty straight forward. May be cheaper to go to Gleason avery or Grainger for replacement

wd 40 is the absolute worst thing you could use on a bearing .

With it being a sealed bearing, what should I be trying to get in there

Once most small High speed bearings score they are history.

Picked a motor from my dealer today, threw it on, and no more sqealing. It was an easy fix. The motor was covered under the warranty still, so no money outta my pocket = good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.