Harman Auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete

Took my auger motor off tonight so that I could get a make and part number so that I could source a spare but could not find any markings. As I understand it is either a Gleason Avery or a Jakel. My stove is the Advance. Does anyone know the manufacturer and part number ?

Should be a Gleason Avery made for Harman Exclusively

EDIT P/N on mine is 3-20-08752 Harman #
GA # is 904-2520-A1506T-666
But GA only makes this model for Harman...

Attachments

• 0418072251.jpg
    0418072251.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,183
Which wholesalerThere are some that are close but not exact's out there....
I started checking but found that they were the same price (or close) as one bought from a dealer..

Get it from a Harmon dealer?

*sigh*

Cant you just order the RIGHT part from your local Harman dealer?

Regardless of date, the Advance uses a 4 rpm feedmotor, Harman part number 3-20-08752. This part should cost you somewhere around 90 bucks.

Oh, by the way, Harman uses Gleason Avery, Jakel, and Merckel-Korff feed motors. The MK has a different sized output fan shaft as well...smaller.

your correct as here in Canada for some strange reason we pay alot more for anything that in the US is usually half the price. I was quoted by two different Harman retailers between $160 and $180 which is the reason I was trying to source. I forgot to mention the 14% tax. You all have it good. Today I did find a source but have to wait for them to quote me a price.

Have you tried to cross reference that puppy with graingers? The Harmon Fairy doesn't produce those motors and I bet my tucus Harmon ( like everyone else for that matter) doesn't either. Try Graingers and I do mean call them not do the internet catalog nonsense. Get a live human on the line and have him cross it over. Also you should look in the iburncorn.com group. A lot of those guys have Harmons and may have the cross ref PN for you. Look at the very bottom brand specific section under Harmon. Someone can surely help you there. We won't even laugh at you ( to your face) if you run pellets.

Driz said:
Have you tried to cross reference that puppy with graingers? The Harmon Fairy doesn't produce those motors and I bet my tucus Harmon ( like everyone else for that matter) doesn't either. Try Graingers and I do mean call them not do the internet catalog nonsense. Get a live human on the line and have him cross it over. Also you should look in the iburncorn.com group. A lot of those guys have Harmons and may have the cross ref PN for you. Look at the very bottom brand specific section under Harmon. Someone can surely help you there. We won't even laugh at you ( to your face) if you run pellets.
Driz it's fairly hopeless. Using my contacts in the industry I contacted GA directly about this motor and they were reluctant to give me any info on the motor but From my own info and the specs GA did give me there are some that are close in Grainger but not close enough... I think the stove control board would throw up certain faults if the Rpm were not exact at the 4RPM and most that were 4 RPM didn't have enough torque. The ones that were close enough IMO were about the same price as one from a dealer about $78 last time I bought one..
In this case I would go through a dealer.
He(( I would even buy one for ya and ship it to you still should be under $100 when all said and done.

pete said:
your correct as here in Canada for some strange reason we pay alot more for anything that in the US is usually half the price. I was quoted by two different Harman retailers between $160 and $180 which is the reason I was trying to source. I forgot to mention the 14% tax. You all have it good. Today I did find a source but have to wait for them to quote me a price.

You don't have an American buddy to handle this for you? You could send him $90 US (not sure what this is Cdn) and then he could send you a little care package. You need a friend in NH ! (no sales tax at all!)

Buying anything from Canada Mexico and US from each of the countries to any of the others is free of duty under NAFTA PERIOD. Hell half the stuff made in CHINA or anyplace for that matter ends up being the same since they manage to make it free under NAFTA status by buying from the sweatshop in pieces and assembling it in N America then selling it duty free under NAFTA. You don't get to do that but the manufacturers do and they fiigured that one out real quick. Seriously though in your case you shouldn't pay any Canadian duty on the goods if th f in what they do and I work Commercial Cargo. Its hard enough to keep track of our changes these days. We on the US side don't , havent and probably never will collect state sales taxes and fees. If NY( my personal favorite) wants their tax they have to find a way to collect it and do it theirselves. Maby the founding fathers got something right after all.

All in all for the money if you can get a real genuine Harmon for under $100 what the heck. Thats not bad at all. Another thing. A Canuck buck aint what it used to be. Can't use em for toilet paper any more. Thanks to Curious George and his gang of thieves our once famous Greenback isn't worth much more.

I contacted Gleason Avery direct and they would sell me the motor. If I want one it would be $99 for 5 or more $79 and if I wanted 25 or more $49. I did phone Harman and they gave me the number for a dealer in Watertown NY. That dealer quoted me $66.59, so the next trip to the US to Gander Mountain or Bass Pro Shop I will make a detour and purchase it from him.

Well I pulled an old receipt for mine from 2 years ago and it was $68.28 and in tax free NH, sounds about right....
There is a guy on EBAY who wants about $200 for one....... :wow:
Buy it from the dealer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.