Harman, Breckwell, Quadra-Fire, and any other stove owner posting questions for the first time, PLEA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Out of the last 100 posts a majority of the questions have been asked.

This site has a very very very good search engine, please use it before asking T-stat, intake air, what brand of pellet, and how can I get more heat out of my stove questions. They have been asked and answered in the last couple days.

I hate preaching to the choir but it is getting old.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:

Eric

then don't

kimeric said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

then don't

Just trying to help

Eric

The problem with the search feature is one has to guess at authors title for the information one is seeking or go thought tons of posts that has one of the same key words in it.

For instance, a thread with a title looking for the "perfect flame", someone posted an URL that is entitled 'enviro ef 3 damper rod setting'. While the information from 'hearthtools' is great, the info is hard to find with this tread title without the URL.

I use the search feature a couple of times a week, and it's definitley not a perfect science. It will ususally take 3-4 times to find the right keyword or phrase.

One other question -- I have spent zero seconds looking up here but can't seem to find any information on this topic anywhere -- so I might start a new thread on it -- I'm thinking of putting my pellet stove in an unfinished basement. How warm will it keep my upstairs?

Liter of Cola said:
Also, I have a house that's somewhere between 1100-1900 square feet. What kind of stove should I buy?

This info is linked on the top of the pellet room
Please read and understand before posting "Which stove should I buy" questions!!!!

Hey Rod, don't take these posts seriously....their just kidding.

Liter of Cola said:
I have a question. What brand of pellets are best? :0
This is a dumb question because in the 19 years of selling almost 500 tons a year
i know each batch of pellets change no matter what brand.
and there are 100's of brands and only about 90 active pellet mills (some of them are the same manufacture with several mills).
so what im saying is that ONE company is making several brands or selling companies are having pellets bagged in their brand name bag.

Listen here you Pellet Pigs, keep it up and it is back in the pen with you.

Eric

kast said:
Just trying to help

Hmmm... last time i checked comments like

Not very familiar with a Quadra-puke

Are not very helpful. :)

So for not being PC. I have been known to make fun of a thing or two.

Hey did you use the search engine to find that or just stumble your way around?

Waiting for happy hour
Eric

I know there is some sarcasm here but yes if people read the sticky keys first they will get most of there problems solved.

Liter of Cola said:
Also, I have a house that's somewhere between 1100-1900 square feet. What kind of stove should I buy?

A nice Electric heat pump should only run a few dollars a month to heat 3x what you have. Go for it

Save the pellets for other pigs.

Eric

Liter of Cola said:
I have a question. What brand of pellets are best? :0

Not sure on the brand but kinda like beer. Free beer is the best.

Eric

j00fek said:
what brand of pellets should i use?

;-P

Forget pellets, go with corn or cherry pits.

Eric

Hey did you use the search engine to find that or just stumble your way around?

Nah, I was in the same thread, figured so much fun and joking where going on, thought I would jump in

Not that funny I suppose, but I hear happy hour calling….

Oh it is knocking real loud and I might be tempted to roll the clocks forward. The way today is going.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
j00fek said:
what brand of pellets should i use?

;-P

Forget pellets, go with corn or cherry pits.

Eric

Where can I find cherry pits, would like to try them, search feature didn't give me much help

In a jar will come approx. 1-2oz of pits, do not lose any. Dry them and there you go. How could I resist?

Some areas of MI and PA have a large amount of them. I have never burned them because the Pellets would get angry and we do not want angry pellets.

Nope I have not started Happy Hour yet, but it is coming.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
kimeric said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

then don't

Just trying to help

Eric

With all due respect...get over yourself. The search engine on this site is ok, but it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Also, people who turn to this forum for the first time and ask a question shouldn't have to spend a lot of time or effort researching it in order to get an answer. If you look at a post and feel that it is redundant...you can just ignore it.

One negative thing that I have noticed on this site, and to be fair this happens on most forums over time, is that some of the guys that have been around for a while tend to treat the new folks like they are stupid for asking questions that the experts deem to simple, or in this case just redundant. These forums are supposed to be a welcoming community that encourages newcomers to the world of stoves and burning. It should not be a place of insiders and self-proclaimed keepers of the sacred knowledge.

We all know that you are a professional and have a lot of knowledge...it doesn't have to ooze out of every one of your posts. If you enat to help with an answer...great. If not, we are all sure that someone with knowledge will be willing to help the new folks.

PS. A note to the moderators of this website - If new people, or experienced posters start feeling akward about posting a question for fear that it may elicit posts like this...it will be a quick ride to the point where people stop logging on. Then, where will the ad revenue come from?

NH Pellet Head said:
With all due respect...get over yourself. The search engine on this site is ok, but it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. Also, people who turn to this forum for the first time and ask a question shouldn't have to spend a lot of time or effort researching it in order to get an answer. If you look at a post and feel that it is redundant...you can just ignore it.

One negative thing that I have noticed on this site, and to be fair this happens on most forums over time, is that some of the guys that have been around for a while tend to treat the new folks like they are stupid for asking questions that the experts deem to simple, or in this case just redundant. These forums are supposed to be a welcoming community that encourages newcomers to the world of stoves and burning. It should not be a place of insiders and self-proclaimed keepers of the sacred knowledge.

We all know that you are a professional and have a lot of knowledge...it doesn't have to ooze out of every one of your posts. If you enat to help with an answer...great. If not, we are all sure that someone with knowledge will be willing to help the new folks.

PS. A note to the moderators of this website - If new people, or experienced posters start feeling akward about posting a question for fear that it may elicit posts like this...it will be a quick ride to the point where people stop logging on. Then, where will the ad revenue come from?

+1
Besides, if every question has been answered here. There's no longer a need for your expertise. We can all just use the search function. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.