Harman Burn Pot Hole Blockage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jslinger

Jan 1, 2013
Vermont
I was recently using an allen wrench to clear the holes in the burn pot of my XXV. I noticed that what I believe to be the rear most holes, seem to have something blocking them. I can get through the initial steel surface, but then the wrench seems to hit something. It is only in the center four holes. The outer ones seem to be fine. I was unsure if they are in fact blocked by build up, or there is something underneath them. My only guess is the the igniter. But since I have never done any service on the unit, I don't knew exactly where under the burn pot the igniter sits. If they are blocked, I would obviously like to clear them. But I certainly don't want to be poking the igniter, if that is what is in my way.

That's your igniter, there is only one layer of steel there.

Reactions: Ctcarl
Got it. Thanks. Good thing I didn't poke too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.