Harman cleaning video.......need clarification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
just saw a video on youtube for cleaning a harman....in the video the guy takes out the ash pan and cleans out the stove collar and clean out T from inside with a pipe brush. My question is, isn't the ESP probe inside this collar and if it is, won't pushing the brush through damage this?

remove the probe 1st, then clean it

Not sure about the P43 setup, but on my XXV I can get at the probe
after taking off the back panels where the blowers are.

No pipes removed

tinkabranc said:
Not sure about the P43 setup, but on my XXV I can get at the probe
after taking off the back panels where the blowers are.

No pipes removed
thanks for the info.....do you clean it often?...and can you see the difference when you do?

I clean/vac out the stove once a week but do a full clean after every ton
burned which includes the vent & esp. Blowers get checked too but
don't usually need cleaning till the end of the season.

Keeps the stove running at peak performance.

HEMI said:
summit said:
remove the probe 1st, then clean it
can the probe be removed from inside or do you have to take the pipe off the back?

you can access it with the rear lower panels removed.. its on a litle brackt on the exhaust held in by a 1/4 drive self tapping sheet screw.

Can you post a link to the video you watched? I would be interested in watching it, I have a P61A and am always looking for new things on it to clean.

Bigjim13 said:
Can you post a link to the video you watched? I would be interested in watching it, I have a P61A and am always looking for new things on it to clean.
go to youtube.com and in the search box type in harman pellet stove cleaning video, and you will see a few of them

I use a long narrow refrigerator cleaning brush, and clean that square exhaust vent every time I empty the ash pan, and I don't find it necessary to remove that esp probe. As long as you are careful, the probe can get brushed off, and clean your vent at the same time. I brush and vac that port repeatedly with the probe left in and have never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.