Harman Control Board Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StovePig

Jan 11, 2014
MA
I have a Harman P61-2 according to my Data plate on the stove but I was told that it is a P61A-2 because it was upgraded to the auto igniter (came with the house so... OK).

Knobs on the control board went south so I bought a new on with the help from the guy at the store. The manual calls for either 3-20-05374 or 3-20-05886 and to match the old one. The store told me that the new part number for either is 1-00-05886 and I just have to match the dip switches for the P61A making it a 3-20-05886F.

Well, when I pulled the old one out the part number on the existing board was 3-20-05375 which google tells me is for a different stove all together (a PC45) and the Dip Switches are A) different than the P61A settings and B) different than the setting for the PC45 as indicated by the dip switch chart that came with the new board.

I'm just confused at this point and want to make sure I'm good to go. My hunch is to go with the new board and the P61A setting. Any input would be appreciated.

Hope you have kept the old board ... usually the triacs go and can be repaired. There are board services or many use their local computer repair shops for the soldering involved. Bioburner may be able to help with this too ... if he's around!

Reactions: bags and DAKSY
Hey All,

Wondered if you could help out. THe service guy seems to be unsure. I have an older model P61 that has worked amazing for 13 years. This year I needed to change the control board. Since doing that it seems that I don't have very good control over the room temperature. The stove is installed in the basement of my bungalow approx. 900sq ft per level. I have it in "room temp" mode and set at 65 (18 celsius) degrees. The room is at roughly 77 (25 degrees Celsius). Something I have noticed 'new' about this control board is that it ramps the distribution blower down when its not calling for heat....my old board the fan was controlled by where I had the room temp dial set (H or L) It isn't really cold outside but chilly enough that we need a little fire to keep the house comfortable....typically I do this each year at this time and have never had this issue before. Any advice would be extremely helpful.

There was a changing of the ESP probes on the newer boards and if the resistance is not right the stove will run improper. Or the probe is bad and telling the stove is cold and running hot. I would question the probe

Reactions: bags
There was a changing of the ESP probes on the newer boards and if the resistance is not right the stove will run improper. Or the probe is bad and telling the stove is cold and running hot. I would question the probe

Thanks Bioburner, I changed the probe last year to a newer one when trying to identify the issue. The new probe has black wires I think it is the newer one. I'm thinking of having my old board rebuilt as it's just an issue with the pods for the control knobs that are shorting out and acting up.

I haven't checked ebay to see if the pots are available this season. I have done three boards now. I liked the burn program better on a older board for the crosslink that is in the PC45

Reactions: alternativeheat
Several members got no reply from pelletblowers- brunners bits and pieces including me last season:(

I haven't checked ebay to see if the pots are available this season. I have done three boards now. I liked the burn program better on a older board for the crosslink that is in the PC45
Yes I saw the post for the pots on ebay..I'll have to go looking for them. winter is coming and I want to be comfortable again :)

www.pelletblowers.com or just Google search Harman potentiometer. $3.50 each could break the bank ... shipping probably costs more!
Do you happen to have any other recommended sites to order from? their site is having difficulties (at the payment screen) hoping to get this board fixed asap. I google searched and there are lots of sites but they have 1000's of potentiometers...a bit overwhelming..

Do you happen to have any other recommended sites to order from? their site is having difficulties (at the payment screen) hoping to get this board fixed asap. I google searched and there are lots of sites but they have 1000's of potentiometers...a bit overwhelming..
ebay seller, thibs23, 3 100k pots for $27. Search "harman pellet stove parts" Thats where I got my last ones

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.