Harman Dealer Experience/Help-Warranty Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the dealer where I purchased the stove and they didn't have the old panel. They did however receive the paperwork for the warranty replacement which will be here either Friday or Saturday...so two weeks to get a part, then another two weeks to get the service scheduled. Not cool considering I have 4 tons of pellets to get through.

I took a chance and drove 2 hours to the next closest dealer which had about 80 (79 now) control panels in their inventory. I told him my situation and he offered me a new panel, free of charge, provided I brought the warranty replacement panel to him. I now have a new preferred dealer and service provider for my Harman!

Oh and yes, it was the panel because we now have heat!

Thank you to all with troubleshooting suggestions.

Good to see you are up and running again. Now thats a great dealer... Kinda wonder why so many panels in stock though ...

Interesting thread.... I copy and paste these thread when I do presentation to dealers. Good lessons there.

Many of them complain about customers buying parts & appliances off the internet. What they dont realize is there would be a lot less Internet buying if the local dealers provided top notch service.

The dealer owners might be great to deal with but they must train their staff on how to provide service otherwise they lose all sorts of opportunities. Not only that, with Forums such as this, facebook and others, Word of mouth is now global.

I always maintain that even in a very competitive market you can come up on top if you make service #1.

gfreek said:
Good to see you are up and running again. Now thats a great dealer... Kinda wonder why so many panels in stock though ...

If you corner the market in any given area ....................

Awesome! Glad that trip to the other dealer worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.