Harman Distribution blower issue.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MikeB1975

Dec 11, 2020
oregon
I was given an early model Accentra pellet stove insert. I got it all cleaned up and put a new distribution fan in and installed it. As soon as I plug the unit in the distribution blower comes on full bore and stays on until I unplug the unit. Everything else works great. Any ideas on what is causing the fan to stay on. Thanks in advance for any help.

Does this help?

1607730761749.png

That schematic looks similar to the one in my insert. But this doesn’t necessarily tell me what turns the fan on and off. I think the distribution fan is not supposed to come on until the stove reaches a certain temperature. I might be mistaken. Any ideas on why it would come on right away?

How was it before you installed the new fan ? Possibly the ESP, Exhaust Sensor Probe, senses temp and thus regulates the room blower. Other wise I'm wondering if the board is bad...

Going by the schematic i would say the ESP probe controls the convection blower.

Dataman had a vey good question! If it’s in test mode, the distribution motor will keep running. Make sure the feed rate dial is set at at least 1, most of us keep it at 4

BTW, did you get the owners manual with it?? And be sure its plugged into a surge protector..

If it is not in test mode and fan is still running full bore the esp may be bad reading a over heat scenario which will run blower to cool stove as a safety. I verify wiring is correct then replace the esp. If it still does it replace the board. I replace esp when I do a board as a rule anyway that way you have updated all the controls and reduces call backs. A dirty esp will not cause this scenario.

Hello all. The unit is not in test mode and I have cleaned the ESP probe. Fan still running full bore. Going to change Probe before doing the board. Thanks again for the help. I really do appreciate it.

Reactions: rickwai
Be sure to keep us updated. Thanks

Reactions: rickwai