Harman distribution blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snikr

Sep 14, 2008
Wallingford, VT
I have a Harman (FIXED) P68 and a cat that is sleeping next to the stove at times (the old girl loves the heat). I'd like to know if I should clean the distribution fan this spring when I shut it down? If so how?? I've looked around and didn't really find out much.

Tom

snikr said:
I have a Harmon P68 and a cat that is sleeping next to the stove at times (the old girl loves the heat). I'd like to know if I should clean the distribution fan this spring when I shut it down? Is so how?? I've looked around and didn't really find out much.

Tom

OMG, Tom...us HarmAn owners need to spell it correctly!!! Your sig says HarmIn and your first sentence says HarmOn.

Your distribution blower is directly behind the stove under the cleanout tee/exhaust port. Take off the two side shields for better access and it should be in plain view. You want to clean every vane of the "squirrel cage"

Harman Lover 007 said:
snikr said:
I have a Harmon P68 and a cat that is sleeping next to the stove at times (the old girl loves the heat). I'd like to know if I should clean the distribution fan this spring when I shut it down? Is so how?? I've looked around and didn't really find out much.

Tom

OMG, Tom...us HarmAn owners need to spell it correctly!!! Your sig says HarmIn and your first sentence says HarmOn.

Your distribution blower is directly behind the stove under the cleanout tee/exhaust port. Take off the two side shields for better access and it should be in plain view. You want to clean every vane of the "squirrel cage"

OH NOOOOOOOOOO
he misspelled HarmAn
confiscate his stove......................

clean the way noted above
you will be suprised how dirty they get

snikr said:
Me bad. Thanks for the help.

The Harman crowd takes it lumps here all the time (mostly in fun, I hope) but if you own one, the first cardinal rule is to spell it correctly.

Let us know how you make out cleaning the blower.

snikr said:
I have a Harman (FIXED) P68 and a cat that is sleeping next to the stove at times (the old girl loves the heat). I'd like to know if I should clean the distribution fan this spring when I shut it down? Is so how?? I've looked around and didn't really find out much.

Tom

Not quite, edit the thread title or the other Haram folks will continue pestering you.

Strewth, I wish mine was as easy to clean. Have to stack some pellet bags in front of it, after sliding it out on a couple of 2 by 4's, take everything out and tip it onto its front on the bags. Being that closeto the floor it gets pretty dusty.

Sure there must be some cat hair in there. Brush and vacuum. A clean stove is a happy stove. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.