Harman Distribution Fan Squeeling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mascoma

Feeling the Heat
Jul 23, 2008
Upper Valley NH
Harman P61A Distribution Fan Squeeling, moaning, grouning. Is the fan motor dieing? Is there a way to lube these things?

Thanks

and yes I am still buring in the am...

mascoma said:
Harman P61A Distribution Fan Squeeling, moaning, grouning. Is the fan motor dieing? Is there a way to lube these things?

Thanks

and yes I am still buring in the am...

probably dieing, but you might try removing it an dseeing of there isnt alot of "stuff" like cat and dog hair, and dust, wound into the squirrel cage fan,.....could throw it off-balance, causing noise.

No, they arent lube-able......you can spray lube on it, migh tquiet it for a short time, but there's no oil ports on the fan at all......

Fan blades rubbing?

Fan loose or mounted wrong?

Loose sheet metal vibrating?

Loose fasteners, or silicon joint?

exoilburner said:
Fan blades rubbing?

maybe, but when they squeel, they are usually on the way out

Lousyweather said:
exoilburner said:
Fan blades rubbing?

I agree. But might as well do the cheap stuff first before spending money on a new fan.

exoilburner said:
Lousyweather said:
exoilburner said:
Fan blades rubbing?

I agree. But might as well do the cheap stuff first before spending money on a new fan.
agreed, have to pull the fan off anyhow to replace it...a perfect time to pigtail the motor and plug it directly into the wall to see if it runs noisy, etc......good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.