1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Harman DVC-500

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by chevyhd, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevyhd

chevyhd New Member

Loc:
    SouthCentral PA
    Does anyone know of someone that has one, or knows how well they work?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. FireJumper

FireJumper New Member

they are quite a work horse. Due to it burning coal they put out all kinds of heat, if you have the means I would recommend the Magnum Stoker. I know most people do not have a chimney to install the stoker into but if you do I would prefer the Stoker over the DVC-500. It has a optional duct that you can install on the unit and run the heat directly to the floor above and just use the radiant heat from the unit to heat the area the unit is sitting in. EXCELLENT stove.
  3. chevyhd

chevyhd New Member

Loc:
    SouthCentral PA
    My dad has a magnum stoker and it will heat his house easily. The furnace does come on in the a.m. if it gets down around zero or below. He loves it. I was just wondering about the dvc-500 because we how have a harman p-61 which works fine, i have plenty of pellets, I bought all of them in may. I was just kicking around the idea of this coal stove if pellet prices do not come down next summer, coal is readily available in my area. The place I normally prepay all my pellets will not and cannot sell anymore in order to cover their prepay customers. When he was selling it was a 10 bag limit and they were 220 per ton. Just kind of thinking ahead. Thanks for any info.
  4. FireJumper

FireJumper New Member

Don't get me wrong. the dvc-500 is an excellent unit that is direct vent. you just can't go wrong with harman. between the quality design to the warranty, i truely believe your getting the full package.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.