Harman esp probe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove it and clean with damp paper towel

Remove probe CAREFULLY, wipe with paper towel / windex, replace.

I use a soft bottle brush.
Works great for me
I lost mine some how but ya a bottle brush works great ! I started using a paint brush but find the probe eventually has to be removed because resin and some ash build up on the back side of the probe where the straight bristles can't reach. A bottle brush will reach there.

A nylon bore brush should work too ( gun cleaning kit).

Reactions: Waterworker123
Is the probe easy to remove? I have always just brushed it down.

Is the probe easy to remove? I have always just brushed it down.
Yes. You need a 1/4" driver or socket with extension. If you are cleaning the fines box anyway, the probe is easy to get at then because you have that side cover off anyway. Pretty basic, take the screw out, pull the probe out, clean, reverse order.

Reactions: zrtmatos
Thanks AlternativeHeat

Yes. You need a 1/4" driver or socket with extension. If you are cleaning the fines box anyway, the probe is easy to get at then because you have that side cover off anyway. Pretty basic, take the screw out, pull the probe out, clean, reverse order.
lather, rinse, repeat....

I pull the ESP on both of my Harmans during the "tonly" cleaning.
I spray it with Speedy White glass cleaner & wipe it with a paper towel.
My stove is in shut down right now for a 1 ton cleaning. Actually more like 1.3 ton cleaning. It's 50 deg out today, perfect chance to do this. Hope the wife's decorations stay clean ( I'm doing the liner too, can't wait till after Christmas be pushing on closer towards two tons by then and it will be Jan). !!

Also if it has not been removed in a while, you are going to have ash build up on the probe. You may have to "lightly" brush it off first to get it out of the hole..

Status
Not open for further replies.