harman feed rate ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
getting back to the op's question.....wait till it gets cold out. then you will see burning pellets go over the edge of the burn pot if you keep it at 6. 3.5 to 4 works very well most of the time for most folks. If you are not reaching your desired temps then bump up the feed or just keep it at the room temp setting and let the stove do the thinking and work. I have run mine a little this month so far and it will be a huge fire to take off the chill for an hour or so, then goes into a nice low flame to keep it there. when it gets cold you will see it rev up! Nice stoves by the way. enjoy.

Jim

I found the stove will indeed change the auger cycle time based on feed rate, even when the stove temp is turned all the way down to "1".....!

Therefore, the feed rate may indeed be only a maximum allowed cycle while the stove is set on "room temperature" mode, but it definitely affects the heat output on "stove temp" in a whole different way.....

Reactions: bogieb and bags
[shut off at night to not annoy neighbors.
A fix for that is to move to the country and not have neighbors to deal with. Works here and we are pretty isolated and tucked away nicely. When I get home I am on vacation. I'm up in the woods and there is no need for blinds or curtains other than blocking the sun and such and they are only in the bedrooms. Peeping Toms get shot. LOL!

Yeah, I don't think anyone gets overly concerned burning a little gas during emergency situations. People that get jacked out of shape about that might need to seek some professional help.::-)

Cory, That is what I was getting at and referring to and experience here as well in another thread. Maybe the older model stoves are different but I know what mine does. The P68 will have her 1st B-Day one week from today.

Reactions: bogieb
A fix for that is to move to the country and not have neighbors to deal with. Works here and we are pretty isolated and tucked away nicely. When I get home I am on vacation. I'm up in the woods and there is no need for blinds or curtains other than blocking the sun and such and they are only in the bedrooms. Peeping Toms get shot. LOL!

Yeah, I don't think anyone gets overly concerned burning a little gas during emergency situations. People that get jacked out of shape about that might need to seek some professional help.::-)
Actually, I have a cemetery across the street and a huge lake further down being the last house on a dead end street[ no pun intended]..
I assume neighbors down the street from me can hear it so we shut down till the AM..

Attachments

• IMG_1080.JPG
    IMG_1080.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: bogieb
thanks Jim h. they are nice stoves , I see what your saying about the way its feeding now and no doubt once the heat loads gets put on them the feed rate will no doubt get turned down. is it normal for the sparks to be jumping around or might the draft be to high, I don't have a draft gauge but I see the sparks jumping around like a sparkler on the 4th..

Draft may be a bit high and can be turned down. Or the pellets are just naturally burning with more sparks like pine in a fire.

If you have great pellets that burn hot you will never see the 1 inch line if you crank it all the way. The ESP will only allow the stove to only get so hot so it will throttle the feed rate on its own. Since there are a variety of good and bad pellets Harman gives you this control to get the max out of the pellets without throwing them over the side by turning the feed rate down. Mine runs fine at 3.5 with the pellets I use but if I cranked it up to 6 it would spill over pellets if the call for heat was constant. If your stove runs flat out this time of year then when it gets real cold it won't keep up. Forget about setting the 1 inch line until it doesn't maintain the temp. Then bump it up for a while in 1/2 increments to see how close it gets to the edge. Hopefully you will never have to run it flat out all the time as you will go through 4 bags a day. If so, then you will have other things that need to be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.