Harman fines box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always forget to place a screen over the vacuum hose to save those pellets
That just shot your efficiency all to he!! and back! LOL! Look at all that BTU loss in those couple of little chunks. Shame on you! LOL!

And he!! no I'm not a Loserville fan,
You are a good man. I just found these Greenways. They are pretty good pellets. Not much different than the Sets but almost exactly like Pro Pellets out of MI. I've been fortunate enough to always have good stash on hand. So far. Do you live down by Cumberland?

Last year here TSC, HD, and Lowe's all had Sets and for a good price. This year all three places have garbage. They aren't selling them either.

2 dogs...Where is the fines box on the xxv? Is that the thing right under the burnpot with the 2 wing nut screws?

2 dogs...Where is the fines box on the xxv? Is that the thing right under the burnpot with the 2 wing nut screws?
Don't know where you particular fines box is, but what you are describing is the igniter chamber (which should be cleaned out every so often from the ash that falls thru the holes in the pot).

OK thanks...I had a mis fire a few times and didn't know I was supposed to clean that out. This is all new to me. That thing was packed full of ash! No wonder it wouldn't light! Would like to know where the fines box is on the xxv though

Reactions: bogieb
Not sure on xxv, but on p43 it is back right side as you are facing it. You need to remove a back panel and the fines box cover is held in place by a wing nut. After removing the wing nut and cover you will see some fines and occasional pellet, just vacuum it out and replace cover and wing nut making sure the cover is latched at the top. The bottom is where the wing nut is.

Check and read your manual too. Good info in there.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.