Harman "fireplace mode"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason845845

Feeling the Heat
Aug 11, 2014
Kingston, Ny
I've heard about a fireplace mode setting for harman stoves, I'd love to have the stove running with just the radiant heat. I've tried everything but eventually the distribution fan comes on. How do I do it?

Mine has no such feature. The distribution fan will turn off when the stove reaches it's set temperature. I'd rather have the distribution fan running to get the heat out of the stove and into the room. If I'm in the room I set it very low to reduce the noise.

I set the igniter to manual after it fires up and drop the temp to below room temperature and force to stove to idle and not run the blower. Now if I remember correctly the blower will come on to not allow the exhaust to get to hot. Harman may well have changed the programming on the new boards.

Mine has no such feature. The distribution fan will turn off when the stove reaches it's set temperature. I'd rather have the distribution fan running to get the heat out of the stove and into the room. If I'm in the room I set it very low to reduce the noise.
I've heard about a fireplace mode setting for harman stoves, I'd love to have the stove running with just the radiant heat. I've tried everything but eventually the distribution fan comes on. How do I do it?
Manual mode, with stove mode settings less thsn 4 or 5 (not 100% sure) keeps the distribution fan off. Less efficient obviously but gives you a flame to look at without driving up room temps too quickly.

Stove temp set at 4 or less and ignitor in manual mode, will give you fireplace mode. You will have a nice fire and the distribution fan will be off.

Stove temp set at 4 or less and ignitor in manual mode, will give you fireplace mode. You will have a nice fire and the distribution fan will be off.
X 2 That is how it works on my P68. Not sure about the PC45.

Status
Not open for further replies.