Harman Hopper Extension

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron stove

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2009
Central CT
Have a P-43, and about 10 bags through it and love it so far. Just need ot to get really cold to give it a genuine workout.

How many people use the add on Hopper kit ? The burn time is improved over my old stove, but I have the itch for that 100 pound capacity :)

iron stove said:
Have a P-43, and about 10 bags through it and love it so far. Just need ot to get really cold to give it a genuine workout.

How many people use the add on Hopper kit ? The burn time is improved over my old stove, but I have the itch for that 100 pound capacity :)

I don't have the add on hopper, but would like to see what an owner of one has to say too. I love my P43!

PJPellet said:
iron stove said:

I don't have the add on hopper, but would like to see what an owner of one has to say too. I love my P43!

I think it would look funny on top of the stove. Maybe just me though...

mepellet said:
PJPellet said:
iron stove said:

I think it would look funny on top of the stove. Maybe just me though...

I agree on that point for sure.

Might look funny, but could get a 24 hour burn during the coldest days. And Can always remove it for the regulars season.

I would love one on my P 38. Dont care about looks, just care about being warm!!! I have heard many good things about them.

I have two hopper extensions, one on my P68 and one on my P38. They make life easier. The extension will hold a bag. We can go away for a night without having to worry about running out of pellets. The don't look bad at all, you really don't even notice them. One thing that is a little strange, with the P38, I can push on the top of the extension and it will lift the front of the stove off of the ground and that is with one finger. Somehow it changes the center of balance. I don't feel it's unsafe, I just wasn't expecting that. I think they sell for $160.

Tom C.

Status
Not open for further replies.