Harman hopper smoke

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Advance the slide plate is on the left when you look at the back of the stove, when you remove the cover that has a wing nut and the fines collect in there, turn the stove on then shut it off when the slide plate opens with a screw driver easily pry the plate out, I pulled mine after burning 24/7 starting in Sept it was clean a little discolored, but the modification worked and I never got any smoke again, and I let the hopper go low on purpose, So far so good.

Toasti
He showed me. Its in the back on the right side. I think the fellow that worked on the stove was very professional and cleaned it all up layed a rug down where he worked and even took his shoes off when he came in. Not many service people of any kind do that any more. When the hopper gets low ll know for sure how the mod worked.

update on replacement of harman advance:

new dealer called last week telling me Harman would be shipping out a new stove to me this week fresh off the harman line with modifications made at the factory. one of the top guys at harman called me in late february to go over the details and problems with my two previous stoves. i had sent pictures and all documentation, including my home phone number and was very surprised that within a half hour of sending the package out via email that he contacted me.

won't be able to report how the new stove is working until October.

Hope everyone has a fantastic summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.