Harman insert auger noisy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
The auger seems too noisy in my new insert. On low setting it is by far louder when running (10 sec per minute) then the fans. In the higher settings the fan noise overrides the auger. Is this normal? is there a break in? is that little gear box serviceable?

lecomte38 said:
The auger seems too noisy in my new insert. On low setting it is by far louder when running (10 sec per minute) then the fans. In the higher settings the fan noise overrides the auger. Is this normal? is there a break in? is that little gear box serviceable?
FWIW I can hear the auger turning in my P38 too. A different sound but not any louder than the blower. I don`t mind it since it provides a good indication of the feed rate.

We did a test fire of our Harman Accentra Insert this past Sunday night (Yay!), and I didn't find the auger noise bothersome at all. BTW, it was on low setting as well. It just took me a little while to get used to hearing it, but it's not loud at all. It's a "soft" sound, really. Not a loud grinding or anything like that. We were watching TV, and any noise the stove made (auger/blower) didn't interfere with us being able to hear the TV at all. So far, we're very pleased with it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.