harman insert controle bord

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Oct 18, 2011
Gardner ma
Just had to change my control Bord my insert. its a 2007, only 4 years old is this common? the stove would not shut down when temp was reached.I replaced my ESP prob but this did not do anything. just wondering if Anny one else had this problem?

Hi Gabe,

I have only had my Harman P43 since February but I thought maybe I could make you feel a little better anyway. There are a number of reasons why these boards go bad. Anything from a power surge, a faulty component, constant exposure to heat, etc. In 2001 I installed a York Diamond Series high efficiency forced air propane furnace. I replaced the computer board in that three times in 10 years. The ignitor twice and is probably ready for a new ignitor again now. IMHO with all of these sensitive boards in our equipment it's just part of the "routine" to have to replace them every so often. Some boards are going to last many years and others not many at all. In time as the components get better and the stoves are designed better hopefully these failures will occur less. I have heard of people having bad boards in a brand new stove and others going years without any issue. Hopefully your new board will give you many years of service. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. As long as you have a good surge protector for your stove and keep a regular cleaning schedule you are doing everything you can and that's what matters. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.