Harman insert draft adjustment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lecomte38

Feeling the Heat
Jun 6, 2008
Central Mass
In the Manual there is a section for "low draft voltage adjustment" "to achieve the most efficient burn on low burn". I don't have a draft meter. Can I adjust this trim pot by flame characteristics and what should I look for?

Does anyone know of an inexpensive meter available for this? Has anyone adjusted the draft on your unit, or have you left it to the installer. Mine totally ignored this step.

You should have a meter to do the low draft test. Your dealer SHOULD have a draft meter to do this test. Harman , I think , might sell this tester.

Mike J said:
Does anyone know of an inexpensive
meter available for this? Has anyone adjusted the draft on your unit,
or have you left it to the installer. Mine totally ignored this step.

If you paid a professional to install your Harman it's their
responsibility to check the draft with a magnehelic. I'd call
them and request they get back out and do it.

For homeowners who installed their own stove, I know many inspectors
have their own meter and make it common practice to check the
draft before they sign off the install.

Mike J said:
Does anyone know of an inexpensive meter available for this? Has anyone adjusted the draft on your unit, or have you left it to the installer. Mine totally ignored this step.

I adjusted the draft on my Harman Accentra.
I borrowed the meter from where I work, They bought it from McMaster-Carr, I think they paid about $75.00
Following the instructions in the manual, the job was very easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.