Harman Invincible burning near auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Sandahl

Feb 27, 2014
Hanson MA
I got this stove last February so I still new to this. Its been in the 40s and 50s at night so I lit the stove. I have it on stove temp with the thermostat as low as it goes. When I got this last year it was cold and the thermostat was in the 4 to 5 range, feed rate on 4, minimal ash at the end of the fire pot and everything worked great. Now with it set on low, feed still on 4, the fire is towards the bottom of the fire pot near the auger. I am afraid its going to start burning in the auger and get to the hopper. Is this normal when its set on low?

I got this stove last February so I still new to this. Its been in the 40s and 50s at night so I lit the stove. I have it on stove temp with the thermostat as low as it goes. When I got this last year it was cold and the thermostat was in the 4 to 5 range, feed rate on 4, minimal ash at the end of the fire pot and everything worked great. Now with it set on low, feed still on 4, the fire is towards the bottom of the fire pot near the auger. I am afraid its going to start burning in the auger and get to the hopper. Is this normal when its set on low?
Absolutely normal on an Invincible...don't worry about it.

I run my Invincible on stove temp with a temp setting of about 2.5. I find if I go any lower than that the flame is too small and almost goes out at times. Mine is the older T model with a manual feed rate knob, so I'm not sure how my 5.5 turns of the knob compares to your feed rate setting of 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.