Harman Invincible insert issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdmendon

Jan 27, 2014
Mendon, MA
Hello, I am having issues with my Harman Invincible insert. It was giving me the 3 status light blinks and was not running right so I replaced the ESP this past Saturday. It did not fix it as same thing was happening. Based on my research here I figured a new circuit board was in order so I just installed one today and the same thing is happening still...

When I plug it in, no fire, mode in off position, the combustion blower and distribution blower come on, just like before with status lights still giving 3 blinks. It is like the stove has a mind of its own and the control dials have no input into it's running. It is driving me crazy as it has both new CB and ESP. Am I missing something? I thoroughly cleaned it as well (a good 2 hour process, pulled out, etc...)

Ant help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Did you replace the ESP with the correct one? There are two versions, one with Red wires & one with Black wires. If the dipswitches aren't changed to the right positions, you can't use an ESP with different colored wires. Somewhere in here the correct dipswitch positions for the different colors are listed. Somebody else may chime in on this issue...

Did you replace the ESP with the correct one? There are two versions, one with Red wires & one with Black wires. If the dipswitches aren't changed to the right positions, you can't use an ESP with different colored wires. Somewhere in here the correct dipswitch positions for the different colors are listed. Somebody else may chime in on this issue...

It is the correct black esp. I think I figured it out. The old board did not have dip switches and new one does. When I picked up new board today the guy at dealer said "let me set dip switches for you." Well he set them all opposite of what they should be. Seems to be operating now - no more status lights blinking, but I have another issue...

The fire seems to be very tall, flames curling off roof of stove and it keeps feeding pellets too fast to the point where burning pellets are falling into ash pot. I have it running on stove temp mode and have setting at the "2" position and distribution blower on low setting. Feed rate at about 1. Glass I'd getting black very quickly. This thing is driving me crazy. I have never had issues like this in the past with this stove.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.