Harman Invincible Insert Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

totsline

Dec 15, 2005
I own a Harman Invincible Pellet Stove (an Insert). The distribution blower just doesn't move a much air as it used to. When I turn up the stove temp dial all the way, it only blows with half the force it used to when maxed out. I don't know if this is a problem with the switch, the blower, or something else. Has anyone ever experienced this problem and if so what was the reoslution?

Thanks!

First thing to do is to make sure that the air intake for the fan is not getting blocked by cat hair, dust, etc.. If that is ok, are the fan fins pretty clean as well? If yes, then it's likely that the fan motor bearings are drying out and need oil. If you are lucky , the fan motor has an oil port, but that is unlikely. Unfortunately, many of these fans are not made to lubricate, so one either has to replace the motor or carefully drill an oil hole over the bearing and then give it about 10-20 drops of oil per bearing. There is the possibility that the fan control itself is failing, but that is less likely. The easiest test for this is to temporarilly bypass the control.

You could also check the voltage at the blower. what BeGreen explained to you is pretty much everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.