Harman Invincible on EBAY (Worth $5500?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, depending upon where it was bought, brand new, it was never worth $5000...around half of that or so. It hasnt been made in at least 3-4 years, its used, while reliable, its not any longer under warrantee. A new unit, able to put out around 61k btu/hr, would be around $2000 or so. Its value, if in good shape, everything operable, I would put at $1000.

Corie said:
http://tinyurl.com/ypyg5c

*See the description where he says the stove is worth at least $5500. I don't know the list price, but I can't imagine its worth that, unless its made of solid gold.

Reread the post, he wrote nothing of the sort. He says it is 55000 BtU. The opening bid is for $1500 and the buy it now price is $2000.

I always liked the look of the Invincible.

Jabber,

He edited the post I read it earlier and it said "worth at least $5500"

Jabberwocky said:
Corie said:

*See the description where he says the stove is worth at least $5500. I don't know the list price, but I can't imagine its worth that, unless its made of solid gold.

Reread the post, he wrote nothing of the sort. He says it is 55000 BtU. The opening bid is for $1500 and the buy it now price is $2000.

The angled glass gets dirty FAST, since there is no air wash there, the side panels have snaps to attatch them, which tended to rattle, the heat exchanger tubes are a pain to clean well, the slide plate sensor switch bending and causing faults, no auto ignition, very heavy, somewhat noisy, and the dang paw bolt for the door all make this an obsolete unit. I stand by my earlier estimate, but will say that at $1000, its probably not a great deal......$500 is better!

Jabberwocky said:
Corie said:

See image.

Attachments

• jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg
    jumptoconclusions2xk.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 409
Corie said:
Jabberwocky said:
Corie said:

See image.

make sure you bring that with you bro, looks like a good training tool :)

p.s. , i aint bidding unless im seeing, dude wants to sell it he should carry his lazy a** out , clean the thing up and take some pictures!!!!!

I'll bite.....was it Office Space?

Yup

" um.......excuse me......uh.....I think you have my stapler.....sir...excuse me?"

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeter.........................what's happennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. [/Lumberg]

You didn't use the new cover sheet on your TPS report. There was a memo. Did you get the memo peter?

Corie said:
You guys do know what movie that's from, right?

(No offense intended Jabberwocky!)

None taken. Do you think someone from this board emailed him? Maybe he wandered over here. Sounds like the Invincible was junk But they gets kudos for looks.

I e-mailed the dude and set him straight pleasently I might add

Status
Not open for further replies.