Harman Invincible pellet stove won't shut off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plumcrazee60

Nov 27, 2008
Southern NH
What would cause my pellet stove to not shut down? I turn the dial to off and it keeps running. The only way I can get it to shut off is to empty the hopper. Also it doesn't appear to be reading the temp setting, it seems to be keeping the room much warmer than the setting. This is my 9th winter with it and other than a professional cleaning every spring I haven't had to do anything to it.

Well, congratz for owning a pellet stove for 9 years without having a service call. It shows you have a good product and you know how to use and maintain it. At this point, you may need someone to come out (Harman dealer) and test the sensors on it. It sounds to me like maybe a low limit switch or a circuit board.

well, no DDM port in the old Invincibles, unless the circuitboard has been changed within the last couple years. ESP probe, room sensing probe, or circuitboard.......

I say its the micro switch attached to the feeder mechanism. The cam is supposed to tap the arm on the switch after every full rotation of the auger. If its not hitting the switch (likely cuz the arm is bent a bit, or the switch has come loose) then the stove doesn't really think the auger is turning, but it knows the ESP temp is still over 90 deg. and keeps on going. In short, check the micro switch, its black and has a silver arm, its about 1" by 1/2" has 2 wires going to it and sits on the right hand side of the feeder body. good luck

yea, but usually, you'd also get a status blink error as well with the microswitch, Delta-T.

Lousyweather said:
yea, but usually, you'd also get a status blink error as well with the microswitch, Delta-T.

True true, 2 blinky usually.

My Accentra insert has been getting slower on the shut down. I run on manual only. The last time I shut it off it never stopped idling. I just open the hopper door and the feed never turns on again, fire is out within 10 minutes.

lecomte38 said:
My Accentra insert has been getting slower on the shut down. I run on manual only. The last time I shut it off it never stopped idling. I just open the hopper door and the feed never turns on again, fire is out within 10 minutes.

yes, because your stove has an air tube to the hopper....it wont feed if the hopper is open...with the OP, his doesnt work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.