Harman Invincible: Removal of left panel Question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chach

Oct 6, 2009
Portland, Maine
I have a Harman Invincible Freestanding stove. It has the circuit board and Auger dial on the left Panel. How do I remove this panel with out interrupting the Auger dial. Should I leave it alone and try to get in through the back of the stove where I have very little clearance and I don't want to have to access it this way anyway as it would be a royal pain cause this puppy weighs a ton. I need to clean the fan blades off (did this on right side) and access to clean out the ash in the vent pipe.
Thanks

I would suggest going through the back. Disconnecting the pipe from the stove at the exhaust flange by removing the 3, 1/2" bolts that hold the flange to the machine (careful, there is a fiber gasket there and if it crumbles to pieces you will need another). then give the machine a but of a turn and have at it. Good luck, BTW is that an Invincible "T" or the "RS"?

It is the RS. It is going to be a royal pain to turn that stove. Also I am afraid of screwing up the nice piece of granite it sits on--ie scratching it. It was a bear to get on that pad I can tell you. I wish there was a better way to access the parts. I have more questions if you have answers???? Many Many Thanks.

I can do my best. I am familiar with the machine, but haven't worked on one in a while. Try cutting some small squares of cardboard and sliding them under the corners of the stove so when you turn it the cardboard is a buffer.

If you have the RS then the control board should be all digital; meaning that there isn't a rod going through the board to the pellet feed block to adjust the feed rate. So, if it is the RS then removing the panel should only entail disconnecting a few wires from the control panel's backside once the panle is loose.

I literally just finished putting my brother's Invincible non-RS togehter last night. The side panel with the controller came off without the need to remove the board. Your's may be different, but pulling the rod out takes no more than turning it counter clockwise until it's free. Once free remove the control board, and you're home free. There are only 4 connectors on the board and they only fit in one place.

Lousyweather said:
Sounds more like an old PelletPro to me........

The older invincibles have the same control board as the PelletPro.

Status
Not open for further replies.