Harman Invincible RS - Air & Feeder Questions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youppi99

Jan 29, 2011
Sherbrooke, Qc
Hello Everyone,

I need your help and hope someone could help me! I have an invincible RS and I am wondering what is going wrong with it so here it is: I have clean it up everything like every year and it went well but lately it act real strange because even if I am lowering the room temperature it keep pushing too much pellets in so all my glasses are dirtier and even my feeder switch is at the lowest "1" and the fires still strong.... I just change the board and my local distributor sold me part 3-20-05378 so it was likely the same and I also change the feeder switch and the door seal but still the same problems???

Could the combustion blower is dying or I just notice also that my chimney sleeve have unhook from the top cap so and lay about 12inch below! I have a sleeve because the chimney is a 8inches size so I install a chimney for better result..

Even if I drop the room temperature or switch to the stove temperature I still have the same result??

Thanks for your help and support!

Youppi

msmith66 said:
It could be the ESP probe may need to be cleaned up or replaced. It maybe bent or damaged.

when mine did this last year, the ESP probe was dirty
the dirt acts like an insulator and it is looking for more heat so it keeps feeding pellets
also make sure the exhaust is clean
also try stove temp which will eliminate the room temp sensor

ironpony said:
also try stove temp which will eliminate the room temp sensor

The OP stated (I think) that he tried stove temp setting, and it made no difference:

"Even if I drop the room temperature or switch to the stove temperature I still have the same result??"

Thanks for the answers! So I will try with the ESP probe change since I already clean with the same result! If it continue then it will be the exhaust pipe sleeve at the top of the chimney because I will have change almost all electronic components!

Thanks again all

Youppi99

Thanks again but it is not the ESP probe so I am looking for the chimney and if not the last thing will be the combustion blower!

Regards

Youppi99

Finally repaired and problem found! It was the chimney sleeve who fall from the cap and bend so it was real hard for the exhaust to get out and also found the room probe defective so I make my stove run on the stove temp and it work wonderful!

Regards

Youppi99

Status
Not open for further replies.