Harman Invincible RS - distribution blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre902

Dec 23, 2009
Wiscasset, Maine
I have an Invincible RS Insert purchased in about 1999. I have maintained the stove well over the years with cleanings and one replaced control panel a couple years ago. Runs great with one exception. In any mode selected I cannot get the distribution blower to remain on high constantly. It will go on high for approx 15 minutes and then shut back down to low for a period of time. This cycle continues as the stove runs. This occurs even with the Stove Temp setting on High with the temp dial set to number 7. I've tried the room temp settings as well and can't get that distribution blower to stay on during the cold nights. I am guessing it is electrical and need a new control panel but looking to see if anyone has come across this problem. Appreciate any insight that can be provided. Thanks in advance.

I ended up replacing the black knob for the room temp/stove temp selector on my parent's invincible insert because of the same issue. The part of the knob that connected to the board was cracked and it would make the fan do strange things. The part is only like $4, so it's cheap enough to try even if it doesn't solve your problem.

I haven't cleaned or replaced the ESP probe. I will be pulling out the users manual and will try the cleaning first. I'll also check the control panel for any wear or cracks ect...Thanks.

you wont likely see any cracks, but the first thing would be a thorough cleaning of the airtubes on the sides, and the ESP probe....if those tubes dont get cleaned, they plug off, screwing up the airflow around the ESP, which influences the distribution fan

Status
Not open for further replies.