Harman Invincible T Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfreepelletman

Oct 29, 2008
NY
I bought a Harman Invincible T for my basement which seems to work pretty well but i have a few questions. I have used the search feature and still cannot find the answers i am looking for.

First: For start up the stove says to turn out the feed rate 5 turns (manual Knob) and fill the burn pot no AUto Ignite. IF i have out more than 1 turn the pellets will push out of the pot and the flame will be huge.

I Run the stove temp on 9 and run the Auger speed out 3 turns so the auger runs constant. This seems to be my max burn which is a 40lb bag in about 14 hours. Seems like i should be able to burn more than this.

SHould the auger light be on all the time?

If i open up the feed any more it will shut off the auger for a little while when the flame gets huge from feeding too fast. It will burn down to about nothing and then start up again and push to the edge of the pot and stop again. Like it hits a heat limit. At that point the flame is very bouncy and all over the top of the burn chamber, and a little smokey.

AM i not getting enough air?

DO i need to clean something better (are there hidden spots on this stove?\

I figured on high i should be able to burn almost 4 bags a day.

I have replaced the gasket behind the burn pot
Replaced the flame guide on top of the burn pot
Cleaned the air chamber under the burn pot
Replaced the gasket on the door.

The stove burns much better with the hopper door open (which i only do to fill the hopper) I know it should not be left open

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Matt

MfreePelletMan:
If i open up the feed any more it will shut off the auger for a little while when the flame gets huge from feeding too fast. It will burn down to about nothing and then start up again and push to the edge of the pot and stop again. Like it hits a heat limit. At that point the flame is very bouncy and all over the top of the burn chamber, and a little smokey.

I know nothing of your stove model and can't locate any online manuals to review your situation. So, I can just tell my 2 cents as if I was talking about my stove or newer model Harmans.

1. The feed rate of around 3 seems like it would be awful low for for a heat setting of 9.
2. What you describe happening in the quote above, sounds like how my stove is programmed to operate. The stove will control the feed rate using the setting as a maximum rate. That is the maximum feed it will use to get up to temp. Once the temp is reached, the stove will back off to maintain the temp. If the temp does not call for much heat to maintain the set temperature the stove goes into a low burn, the feed settles to just enough to keep flames going. Distribution may idle way down also. Once the stove calls for heat again to maintain the temp, the feed rate automatically increases, the flame and heat increases as the stove comes back up to temp. You are then in the cycle the electronics were programmed to do.

If you are seeing smoke, then you may need to adjust the max feed rate slightly, or make sure everything is clean.

Again I reitterate that I am not familiar with the Invincible, but most newer Harmans seem to function similar.

Well ya see, mine on 3 is not a number for feed rate like on the new ones. I have a manual knob that i turn out three turns which makes the hole at the bottom of the hopper wider. Ther is no affect on run time.

Thanks Matt

I was afraid there was probably enough difference bewteen the Invincible and a stove like mine. Sorry I could not be of more help. I guess at least I'll bump you to the top again. Good luck with it!

I too can only make comment based on other Harman models, but, that being said, check the slide plate in the feeder box. It should have the ridge side facing up and the smooth side facing down. If the smooth side is up then it inhibits the pellets from feeding correctly. That's all I can come up with. hope it helps

Have you tried searching hearth.com for threads on your model?

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/30719/

This thread had someone who had an Invincible who was able to get a manual for the stove directly from Harman. Do you need a manual? I have heard that Harman is not willing to talk with customers directly, but maybe since your stove is out of production they would make an exception. Many times people call Tech support with questions about things they should have figured out for themselves. They are totally clueless when they call and have not even read the equipment operating manual. It is very frustrating handling calls from customers in cases like this. I don't think, by reading your post, that this applies to you. If you could talk to someone at Harman, who really knew your stove, I bet you would have it going in no time.

Ya i have read absolutley every post about the invincible. I also have the manual and have a pm'd some guys on here that have the same stove and similar issues. I am guessing it is an air issue, bt don't know for sure. Thanks for the help i will see if i can get a hold of Harman

THanks Matt

just for hoots you might want to hook the combustion motor up to a multi-meter and check the OHMs. The magnetic force of the motor may have dropped from age/exposure to heat and won't allow the motor to get to the required speed. Most of the Harman combustion motor OHM out at 6.5 ohms, although the the old P38 motor was about 9. I cannot find a spec for the "T", the RS/Insert version both used a 1.5 amp 5 ohm motor. Heck, I've never even see a "T". Do you have the manual in hard copy or did you find it in pdf? I also cannot find a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.