Harman Invincible T Issues... Main Board?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eck979

Sep 18, 2016
Pa
Hi all! Thanks in advance for any input. I've been running this thing since '07 and never had an issue. Now, before my problems started we did have a surge from a nearby lightning strike that knocked out a few electronics in the house that didn't have independent fuses. I didn't notice any problems with the stove until a few months later after I cleaned and ran it for the first time of the year. Come to think of it, the distro blower was on one day when the stove hadn't been run in months and I had to unplug it from the wall to get it shut off prior to the cleaning. Fuse never blew, still in perfect condition.
Combustion blower was shot, also had a bird in it for the second time. Tested with pigtail and replaced. New one runs on pigtail, but not when connected to the spades in the stove.
When stove is plugged in and on stove temp mode the distro and combustion blower lights both illuminate and the distro blower immediately fires up, the combustion blower does nothing. Shutdown and start buttons do nothing. Thermostat mode shuts off distro blower and light, but the combustion blower light stays on and still doesn't spin. I can hook it up to a pigtail and get the stove to burn, only did that as a test, and only once.
I've pulled the esp, cleaned it and inspected the wiring. I currently have the board unfastened and accessible. There is a bit of browning on an expansion type power board's coupler, end most connection point.
Board is discontinued and unavailable everywhere I've looked.
Try to get a board repair, replace esp, or something else? Questions for me or suggestions on things to look for or try?

As an aside, between the time I pulled the blower and the new one came, my wife and kids came home to a friggin squirrel in the house!!!

Again, any input or suggestions would be much appreciated. If I can't get this thing running I'll be saving pennies for a wood burner.

That's my next step. Didn't want to send it out if it sounded like an ESP, and vice Versa. Did some more troubleshooting last night. Removed the expansion board and plugged the harness directly into main board same results. Also unplugged ESP from main board, still no change. Hooked up thermostat, same. Did notice that when the green start button is pressed or held the combustion blower light brightens. Pulled main board completely out, cleaned and checked for any warping, scorches, or damaged solder points or buses nothing there that I could see. Reseated all connections and tested all components with pigtail, all good there.
$40 isn't bad to know if it's the problem or not, cheaper than esp and even if it needs repaired would still be less $$ than esp.
Thanks for your suggestion!
I haven't found this specific set of issues for this stove in my searches, wanted to get some suggestions.

Edit: Nope, no surge protector. It was always plugged directly into outlet since I bought the house it came with.

When you get it fix, get a surge protector on it. Need to think about capping or screening your venting in the summer to keep the critters out:eek:

Anyone know if these guys are still in business? I've emailed, but gotten no response. Tried to place an order but the payment page seems to not go anywhere, like they're not associated with PayPal any longer and that's the only way to make a CC payment.
There is no phone number to contact them that I can see, either.

Let us know what you find ... sent an email about a month ago and never heard back.

Just called, got voice mail. VM message was branded with Brunner's Bits N Pieces and said they'd respond within 24hrs.. Left them a message, will keep you posted on what happens.

Reactions: Lake Girl
I saw that post previously, as well... I was a little iffy on trying a newer board as the online parts dealers and the manufacturer state specifically that the Invincible T will not work with them. I'll reach out to Scott via his website if I don't hear anything back from Brunner's.
Thanks for the tip!

Also wondering if the boards from the Invincible Insert or RS could be used as they are still available. Would have to figure out proper hook-up. Interesting;hm on-line Harman manuals for these two stoves do not include the wiring schematic.

Never got a reply from the parts and pieces folks. Emailed pelletstoveservice to see if they could give some advice. Fingers crossed. I'd hate to scrap this thing as it does run great.

Edit: Got an automatic response with a ticket number almost immediately! This is good customer rrelations practice. Really hope I can salvage my beast!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup. Basically a spring loaded rod that allows the drop from the hopper to open a certain amount depending on how far it's screwed in/out. I'll check out your link.
Appreciate it!

Michael Stevens from www.api-assembled.com did get back to me ... yes they do repairs for a flat rate $185. If they get the board and nothing is wrong, $50 that includes return postage. If it cannot be repaired (apparently some Whitfield boards), mailed back and no charge. Better options than scraping the stove;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mt Bob
WAY cool lake girl,did you know that company is a woman owned company,for quite some years?Awesome.The t is an a relic,but if is installed and in good shape,a keeper

You guys are awesome, thank you so much!! I was having a heck of a time finding anyone that does repair work on these boards aside from the bits and pieces place.
I'll be contacting API ASAP and will report back with results!

Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.