Harman Invincible T Issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smadanairb

Dec 23, 2011
NH
I have owned the Harman Invincible T for 3 years now. I replaced the motor and distribution blower (2012). I have three issues:

1. Unfortunately, the motor and distribution fan still run even when the stove shuts itself down. I followed the schematic on the stove and in the manual to no avail.
2. The flame at the burner pot is lazy and not at all tight and concentrated like it should be. I cleaned out every air chamber on the stove as well as both the distribution and combustion fan wheels. The chambers were clogged from last season and so that was why the flame was lazy last year too. However, opening up those air chambers didn’t seem to have the effect I thought it would. The stove flame only gets tight and concentrated with the hopper door is opened.
3. Today, my wife and I woke up to a house full of smoke and the alarm blaring away. The hopper was full of smoke. The inside of the stove was full of smoke and smoke was coming out of the vents. The burn pot was blocked with charred pellets and the ash pan was half full of the same. I just vacuumed the stove out on yesterday and watched the stove for three hours to ensure proper pellet feeding.
4. I emptied the hopper of all the pellets and inspected the metal feeding block at the bottom of the hopper. It didn’t seem to be working. I watched the feed motor turn and noticed the wheel wasn’t riding on the pusher arm rail. I turn the feed rate up and the pusher arm moved closer to the feed motor wheel. The metal feeding block in the hopper started working, but didn’t seem to be working well. It wasn’t fully retracting. I vacuumed out the fines with the same results.
5. Lastly, there’s a hole in the metal where the auger terminates. The hole is between the auger tip and the burn pot. It’s big enough for a pellet to fall into.
Questions:
1. Why is the feed motor and distribution fan still running after the stove shuts itself down. I followed the wiring schematic?
2. Why is the flame so lazy and not at all adequate for generating Btu’s when the stove has been fully cleaned of all ash in every air chamber?
3. Why is the metal feeding block in the hopper not retracting or feeding properly when all the fines have been power vacuumed out?
4. What’s the solution to the hole between the auger and the burn pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.