Harman Invincible won't stop feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Sandahl

Feb 27, 2014
Hanson MA
Just went to do my cleaning, turned the mode selector to off but the feed motor and light kept coming on. I turned it back to high and then off but no change. Any ideas. Thanks

AS the age of the stove is pretty old I would try and open the door enough to open the vac switch but closed enough to vent the smoke till fire goes out and hopefully ESP will allow the CB to shut down. It may well be a faulty ESP but then a bad pot switch too.

I scooped the burning pellets into the ash pan and used a spray bottle with water to put them out (mist) It shut down like it should and has been running fine now for 11 hours. I got it last year, the owner said it wasnt used much and it still looks like new and worked great until this. Are circuit boards available if I need one?

I scooped the burning pellets into the ash pan and used a spray bottle with water to put them out (mist) It shut down like it should and has been running fine now for 11 hours. I got it last year, the owner said it wasnt used much and it still looks like new and worked great until this. Are circuit boards available if I need one?

Googling "Harman Invincible circuit board" shows at least 2 hits:

http://pellethead.com/product/3-20-05378-control-board-early-p61-and-invincible/

http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Harman-Circuit-Board-Control-Panel-p/1-00-06142.htm

Boards are long gone but there is repair available. May well just be the cheap pot switch, but a failing ESP can like I posted earlier can be a culprit and is easy to replace and about $70. I would pay close attention to its cleaning the next time you let it cool down and carefully clean it. Make sure the stove is plugged into a good surge suppressor or better yet a UPS.

remove the exhaust pipe and clean the ESP probe, it gets covered in ash and sends a bad signal to the board. I do it this way because removing the screw and pulling the probe out bends the small wire and it will break. Also do you know how to clean the tubes with the long brush?? it is about 2 feet long and you run it up the 2 tubes on each side and there are 2 lower tubes back to the combustion blower, which fill with ash. There is also the tube below the ash pot which fills up, along with the fines box in the back of the unit.

My understanding is the new boards will work if you reset the dip switches to the correct settings. Also I rotate the pots back and forth several times to "wipe" the contacts inside to clean them when something abnormal happens.

PS being new to the stove, when you turn it off it takes a while for the stove to shut down, it will continue to feed for a while as part of shut down so what you are seeing maybe normal operation.

Reactions: Bkins
PS being new to the stove, when you turn it off it takes a while for the stove to shut down, it will continue to feed for a while as part of shut down so what you are seeing maybe normal operation.

This is a very true statement for a Invincible stove. It can take up to a hour to completely shut down and it's very deceiving to see the feed light coming on and off after you have shut the stove off.

Status
Not open for further replies.