Harman Invincible

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaudeen

Dec 7, 2014
Belleville, Ontario CAN
G'day...

Found a Harman Invincible for sale near me for $650. Looks clean and seems to run nicely. He sold the house and is heating his garage now and then. Has original motors, but that is what worries me as I don't have a crystal ball as to what the future holds for repairs. My Englander works like a champ at the moment but that Harman is a HUGE upgrade in the looks department. I'm pretty sure I can get it for $500 with the venting which I don't need,but I can flog it later.

Wadda Ya Think....dare I....????

Only if you need it, or want to recondition / sell for $$$, and have the room..

re: venting - take everything offered, he's moving - grab anything that will help get it running..

Agree, the Harman Invincible is a nice looking stove, neighbor has one. Simple controls, cranks out heat.. That's a nice price for that stove.

I played with it for over an hour...low burn to full bore...no rattles/squeaks/moans or groans...I'm gonna sleep on it and see what I feel like in the morning. I have a pretty much empty barn, so storage is not a problem...I like my Englander.

If it is an RS model I would get it, if it is the real old Invincible T then I would not bother. Just IMHO

He used it in his house for 4 years to heat the living room from time to time ..put in storage for 2 years and now heats his garage now and then for 2 years, so 8ish years old. Just sent an email for the model #. I don't think it's too old though. I'm on the fence, but hate to miss a great deal.

I'll post the model # when I get it and you guys can guide me..lol

Sounds like it has been well cared for. I like the Englander stoves too - currently reconditioning a 25-PDVC, that was going to be our first stove, but it needs motors.. The opportunity to purchase the Francesca came up just as I was going to purchase parts, so the $$$ went there.. Thankfully the Francesca only needed minor electronics repair.

If you want / or need a backup stove, that Harman would be an excellent choice.

Edit: our neighbor has the RS model, if that helps.

I thought a real upgrade for me would be a multi fuel stove as I have corn growers all around me.

My regular supplier of Curran pellets is starting to price gouge as he thinks he's the only game in town. I have 2 other guys that have la cretes year round, but I kept my cards close to my chest.

harman stove.JPG Anyone know the model..??

A multi-fuel capable stove would make more sense, in that case.

Running a test burn of 50/50 mix of corn and wood pellets is on my 'to-do' list w/ the Francesca here - have you tried that w/ the Englander?

A multi-fuel capable stove would make more sense, in that case.

Running a test burn of 50/50 mix of corn and wood pellets is on my 'to-do' list w/ the Francesca here - have you tried that w/ the Englander?

Nope...never tried it, but I've read sidecarflips posts saying the duravent pipe is fine to run corn mix through as long as you keep it clean. I'll give it a shot next season unless someone chimes in that it's a bad idea in the PDV. I only have a 3ft straight pipe out the side of the house if I need to replace it.

Take a pic of the control panel, then we can tell you the Model.

As long as parts are still available I don't see a downside spending 500 for it. My dealer was selling a used 10 year old Whittfield for 1k. He had serviced it since new. I was looking for something for my garage last fall. It wouldn't sell for that now in the spring I would imagine. I would say go for it as you said you were able to see it burn and run.

That is a really cheap price and even if you have to put a few $$ into it, you could probably turn around and sell if for more than you invest in it. If I had room for storage / tinkering on it, I would be all in.

Being a owner of a older Invincible insert I would say you are getting a great deal. Things can break in any stove, new or old so you pay you money and take your chances. We like our insert, especially the looks in the fireplace. Looks exactLy like your stove minus the pedestal base. They say they were built like tanks and after installing mine I agree as they are heavy.

Is yours a auto light or manual? I believe the later models could be changed to auto light if your willing to spend the money. They start pretty easy though.

Is yours a auto light or manual? I believe the later models could be changed to auto light if your willing to spend the money. They start pretty easy though.

Only the RS model can be changed to auto lite.

Cleaning the ash chambers is tricky but if you blow them out with a compressor, they will come clean.

I'm on my 4th season with my '93 Invincible T and it's my workhorse. It still has the original motors and runs 24/7 through most of the winter. I had to replace the ESP ($130) when I first got it, and I got the board repaired last year ($100), but other than that it's been great.

Reactions: CleanFire
Passed on the purchase..Looking for a good Multi fuel stove(corn) that's easy on the eyes..any suggestions on something that's available in Ontario..??

Status
Not open for further replies.