Harman keeps popping fuses

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N_Blueth

Jan 19, 2014
Virginia
My Harman Accentra 52i keeps popping the 6A fuse when I turn the unit on. This is my first time running it this season. The fuse pops after about ten seconds. I changed it once and it popped again, so clearly something isn't right. I had a new ignitor put in last year and it worked fine for the entire season. Just had the unit professionally cleaned too and we test ran it after for a few minutes.

I read here on the forums a 7A fuse may be better. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks

I have always been told never to use a larger amp fuse than what's recommended. If things worked fine before with 6amp fuse there's something else wrong test your igniter first since it uses the most power with a meter and go from there

Status
Not open for further replies.