Harman Mark II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudmixer

Jan 25, 2014
PA
Getting ready to install used Harman stove, very good condition. What is the least rear clearance to wall? Stove pipe is single wall going into stainless Metal-Fab Temp/Guard flue pipe triple wall 6". On rear wall which is wood, will install backer board or cement board, not sure of correct name with 1" spacers between wall and board, and on board installing 1/8" ceramic tile. Also doing same for floor or hearth except area is 4'x5' with 1/4" ceramic tile. Drop ceiling with fire rated tile is only 7', flue going out at height of 4'6", leaves me with 2'6" top clearance. Rear wall protection will be from floor to ceiling and 4' wide. Flue connection on this stove comes out rear. Any suggestions or help on my installation is very much appreciated. Manual states I think 32" rear to combustible material. I think stove comes with rear heat shield. Will be burning mainly coal, maybe a little wood in spring and fall.
Thanks To All:
Terry

The manual says 24" rear clearance. With a proper, ventilated NFPA 211 wall shield, the least distance is 12" from the wall. Make sure the bottom of the wall shield is 1 to 3" above the hearth and open at the top for good ventilation behind it. You may find a lot more info on this stove over at the forum on www.nepacrossroads.com.

"Safe stove clearance to combustible
walls is 24” to the rear of the stove, and 33” to the sides of
the stove. In a corner installation, you need 24” to the side
walls. Clearance to the front of the stove, for furniture, etc.
is 36”."

Screen Shot 2015-01-25 at 10.29.43 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.