Harman Oakwood and clearance help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcore

Apr 8, 2008
Northern Sask Canada
Looking at wood stoves, but I'm not having much luck with figuring out if a stove will fit in our hearth area.

Our hearth pad is 59" by 53.5". I'm in canada, so I need 18" in front of the stove instead of the 16".

The stove will be angled 45" on the pad, so how do I figure out if it is going to fit?

Thanks in advance

Mathematically, there is probably a way............ electronically or manually, you could probably draw something up to scale........ me, I am a visual person. I would mark out the hearth pad on the floor and then use cardboard to cut out a template of the footprint of the stove and lay it down on the marked out hearth pad area using combustible setbacks contained in your stove manual.

Visually yours,

Shari

cut cardboad to the size of the stove and put it on the hearth and play witht it. 8 inches on the back and sides and 18 in front.

Great Idea. I was trying to download google sketchup and do something with that, but I don't have the time.

Thanks
Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.