Harman Oakwood logo brick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cradoe

Jan 21, 2011
Western MA
Good morning, I'm new to the site and have gotten a lot of useful information here on my Harman oakwood. Like everyone else, my local distributor seems to know little about the woodstoves Harman sells but can tell me all about the pellet stoves harman makes.

So I have a question, I have had my Oakwood for 6 years now and absolutely love it. It is my only heat source heating a 1900 sq ft colonial / farmhouse style older home. The other night we heard a loud pop in the stove and the logo brick located in the middle of the back of the stove cracked and broke in 2 horizontally. The piece broke off right at the letters. It looks to me like the piece that broke off is purely decorative but my dealer said, " well it must be like that for a reason".

My question is, should I replace the brick right away. I have already purchased the brick, ($90.00) but I am wondering if I should run the stove down and install it now or can I wait for slightly warmer weather?

Thanks for your help.

Mine broke in exactly the same spot. I put it back together with furnace cement, but that only lasted a week. I've been burning a few weeks now with half a brick. No problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.