harman p-38

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim6j

Aug 26, 2013
ohio
I was doing some summer cleaning and tried to cycle my auger, and nothing happened. I then noticed the fuse was blown. I then reinserted a new fuse and still nothing happens. my nearest dealer is about a100 miles away, so I would rather try and do something before I have to haul it all the way to his shop.

I then tried hooking up the ac directly to my blower and nothing happens. I was going to send the board in for service, but if the blower isn't working I might have bigger problems.

The board has a place for the fan and apparently the auger, but what is the marking that say's combo. It is also free of any burnt marks.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a service manual, but its unfortunate that I can't find one.

The stove is only used 2 1/2 winters and is fairly new. any help will be appreciated. Thanks

House circuit breaker off?

You tried AC to blower so blower doesn't work, so it's bad possibly?

Did you try AC to auger other blower?

Did you try volt metering anything?

WHICH blower isn't working? You can make up a pigtail and test everything independently.....gearmoter, comb. fan, and distribution fan.....try and narrow it down a bit...a few things will affect your gearmotor actually coming on, one of those being the vac switch......

if you have multi-meter you can just check all the motors for ohms to see if they are ok.
Combustion blower ~ 4.7
Distribution Blower ~ 26.4
Auger motor ~ 10.5
anything close to these is prolly ok IMO.

if you have multi-meter you can just check all the motors for ohms to see if they are ok.
Combustion blower ~ 4.7
Distribution Blower ~ 26.4
Auger motor ~ 10.5
anything close to these is prolly ok IMO.
I hooked a jumper up and finally got both of my blowers do kick on. My auger motor still does not turn. Is there a relay on the auger motor that might be bad, and yes I have a meter. So to check the ohms I would do it from a positve to negative and it will give me a reading. I have checked ohms from resistors to pots, but never motors. Thanks

May have a stuck or plugged auger with damp pellets with it having sat for awhile.:(

I hooked a jumper up and finally got both of my blowers do kick on. My auger motor still does not turn. Is there a relay on the auger motor that might be bad, and yes I have a meter. So to check the ohms I would do it from a positve to negative and it will give me a reading. I have checked ohms from resistors to pots, but never motors. Thanks
have you jumpered the auger motor directly to line voltage? just unhook the blade connectors, make a pigtail, plug it in to the wall......if it works, its not the motor, but could be a myriad of other issues....vac switch, bad gasket, plug of something you missed in the exhaust path, stuck damper, stuck auger, bees living in the exhaust, something jammed into the auger,......I can go on forever

Just do a google search for a Harman P38 manual, you'll find it. I did for both my P68 and PP38.

Tom

Reactions: herdfan2003
Status
Not open for further replies.