Harman P-43 and Metal Fab question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iron stove

Minister of Fire
Sep 14, 2009
Central CT
Finally decided on upgrading to a Harman P-43, and have a vent question. The dealer carries all sorts of pipe, but doesnt do Metal Fab, which is what ive used for my old pipe. Which stove adapter do I need to get to go from the Harman, and into my 3" Tee, and do I need 6" of extra pipe to clear the back of stove, or will the adapter and tee clear?

Thanks !

I used to deal in metal fab, you will need the extra 6" to get past the hopper and the the 3PSA stove adapter should work just fine.

My old stove had a pair of flanges with 4 bolts and a soft fiber gasket between my Tee and the actuall stove. East to unsrew and move stove for cleaning.

DO I have to silicone the 3PSA to the stove, or what ? Want to be able to easily disasemble for cleaning. I usually silicone all the joints of the pipe.

yes, silicone the 3PSA to the stove, you can unbolt the stove's flange via the 3 bolts (1/2" i believe) right in front of where the pipe will connect.

Perfect, Thanks foir the help Delta !

Im not sure if the height of the t300P is the same as the P-43. If it is it should be a breeze to install, if not you may have to adjust the pipe a bit.

CJ-SR4ever said:
Im not sure if the height of the t300P is the same as the P-43. If it is it should be a breeze to install, if not you may have to adjust the pipe a bit.

Around .25-.5" diffrence. That was one reason I went with the Harman. There were other stoves at the top of list, but one was venting further left, and another 10" higher, would have been a mess to repipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.