Harman p-43 installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joe simmons

Jul 2, 2014
Pennsylvania
now my question is am I fine just using the room temperature probe or installing a t-stat? If the t-stat is the better option which one to use ? I can get discounted prices on honeywells through work!

only reason to use a t-stat is if you want a programmable thermostat, you still have to use the temp. probe though and put the thermostat in series with the temp probe.

Reactions: Ctcarl
Keep in mind with the probe and side panel dial that it won't be exact. Set it on 70 and it might be 68 or 72. The temp is at the probe not where you sit or a thermometer across the room. We just set it where we are comfortable and forget it. Coil up the probe wire and let the end dangle a foot off the floor so it does not touch any surface.

Position it half way up the wall and the end not against the wall for most accurate reading.

When I installed my stove I extended the wire 18 feet and moved It next to the thermostat for the oil eater. I also installed a programmable thermostat. temperature In the room the stove Is In stays within 2 deg. of what I set stove at.After running like this for 4 years I have yet to use the programmable feature We turn the stove on at 5:00 A.M. and let It do Its thing till 10:00P.M. and shut down for the night. You pay BIG BUX for a stove with a brain use It

Status
Not open for further replies.