Harman P-68 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencible

Dec 6, 2005
My second pellet stove was a Harman Advance, pictured below. It was a real nice stove, lots of heat, but I needed more as I added a glass sun room, so I replaced it with a Harman P-68. Wow, lots of heat with this one!
The Advance was just set on cement board-not very attractive, so when I planned for the P-68 I made a fireproof base for it. Looks much better-see installation pic below!

Dave

Attachments

• P-68.jpg
    P-68.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 1,028
  • advance.jpg
    advance.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 982
Yes, the new base looks much nicer. I love the high-tech dog water bowl too.

How is the P-68 for noise when it's running as compared to the Advance?

BeGreen said:
Yes, the new base looks much nicer. I love the high-tech dog water bowl too.

How is the P-68 for noise when it's running as compared to the Advance?

Ha, I had to remove the automatic bubbler part as our black lab was afraid of it and wouldn't drink as it made noises (bubbled).

I find the P-68 to be quieter. It's probably because it throws heat out faster when called for and then the blower slows down to low. It's really about the same on high. Still 135cfm in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.