Harman P-68 Pricing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louiscamp

Feb 24, 2009
SE PA
My first post.....

Looking to buy a pellet stove, interested in the Harman P-68. I know until the end of March there is a $600 "cold cash deal". My question is I've talked to two local places so far, one said $3525 before discount, another said $3225 before the discount. Anybody have an idea what these should cost?

I've spent so many hours looking at pellet stoves that my wife thinks I'm possessed.

Thanks for any help.

Lou in SE PA.

What color and any options?

I got my dealer down to $3194 for a goldenfire brown P68 this past saturday plus the $600. My understanding is colors add on another $100 or so. I believe the price he had was $3394 for the stove.

Louiscamp said:
My first post.....

Looking to buy a pellet stove, interested in the Harman P-68. I know until the end of March there is a $600 "cold cash deal". My question is I've talked to two local places so far, one said $3525 before discount, another said $3225 before the discount. Anybody have an idea what these should cost?

I've spent so many hours looking at pellet stoves that my wife thinks I'm possessed.

Thanks for any help.

Lou in SE PA.

Mine started at $3200 for just the stove with NO options or piping 2 years ago...so naturally it came to be $4700 total at the end of the sale.lol....so I anted up to pay for all the trim ,installation,log set,a hearthpad,piping,OAK,2 Ton of pellets all in cash if he would show up in 2days...guess what? He did..just a note...look online to see how much odering the extra stuff is so the dealer can't mark up the price..I realize now i got burned by a little bit but maybe back then the prices were higher..who knows...

its anyones game for the pricing..supply and demand....tell him you give him cash for the stove with the rebate and tax included...cash does wonders for readjusting prices vs financing the stove....if not just start talking about how gas stoves or oil heat is cheaper to heat with and have less cleanup if any....
he hopefully has to sell off his old supply of pellets and stoves so maybe he'll cut you the deal...
refer to this website and mention how some of us might not want to run pellets due to the high cost of pellets and how its cheaper to goto oil or gas..he's either gonna give you the speech about oil is too unpredictive and will shoot up to $4-$5/gal. or he'll give a good deal or give you that same stove in july or august for the same price you just offered ..especially if pellet prices don't drop low enough to be worth your while..the stove just will be junk rusting in the back room for him making him NO money

I know for me personally if the pellets don't drop under $200/ton..I'm definetly gonna start using the furnace or sell my pellet stove and buy a wood stove or coal stove....both are cheaper than pellets and I dont have kids to worry about with burning themselves on the stoves..

As per Harman, participating dealers can only mark down the MSRP of the units, and not combine with any other discounts.......there seemed to be alot of confusion there, but that comes right from Harman.......so, get the MSRP from the dealer, say for the P68, deduct 600 bucks, and ya end up with that stove costing about $2900 or so.........also, please note that the "sale" lasts from Feb 1 to march 31, and Harman is very much a stickler for those dates......so, dont amble in wanting the sale on April 2, you wont get it. Also early sales...say Jan 29th? Still wont get it. For the $600 bucks off the p68, the dealer is on the hook for $300 of that, harman the other $300.......most dealers arent going to want to eat that much money when harman wont reimburse them for non-inclusive dates. I, as one, am not at all happy with what seems to me to be price-fixing by Harman and their marketing folks, but the legal costs involved in class action suits are pretty prohibitive for most dealers.

Geeze, never mind. I asked the dealer with the lower price to confirm the price, he came back with $3525.00. Same as the other one.

Lou

I can help you out. I have a Harman P-68 ,1 year old, with the decorative trim kit, in excellent condition and under warranty. I am looking for a Lopi Liberty, or a Harman tl300 wood burner. Both are well below the price of the P-68. Purchase one of those and we will swap. Or I will sell you mine for $2,900.00

Status
Not open for further replies.