Harman P 68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itworks

Jul 23, 2008
Southwestern CT
I've been heating my home with the P68 for 5 years and have been extremely pleased with it's performance. I clean it regularly.
I know there are a number of moving parts in the unit. My question is does it need to be lubricated? If so what lubricant should be used, and what (and how) should I lubricate?

I just got my Harman P68 installed today. Since the firebox in my fireplace is no longer usable I had them vent it up the existing chimmney. They still had to use the 3 1/2 inch pipe. All I can say is it does put out some heat.

The painfull part was the price. But I hope it saves me money in heating bills this winter since I use propane to heat my home. The Harman I hope will heat my home without the use of my furnace. But if not it will be a great backup.

Friends thought I was crazy for spending almost 3 g's back in 2004, but at this point the stove has paid for itself. I got a good deal on 5 tons (delivered this past Monday) of pellets, and I'm guessing I'll be ahead of the game by the end of this winter. I bought the stove to save $$$, but we all love it during the heating season, and it serves as a giant night light in our lower level.
Good luck with yours.

I have a P61A which si smaller but similar in design. Nothing comes to mind in terms of lubricating, but there are a number of areas that should be cleaned that are a bit out of the way; for example, the distribution blower fins, the trap for fines, the ignitor chamber, pulling and cleaning the ESP probe, etc. I ama abit of a fanatic about keeping the stove clean on the basis that a stove does not malfunction because it is clean....

Status
Not open for further replies.