Harman P-Series 3 Piece Log Set pics. - Do u have one? Do you like it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Came across this log set. A few people I know have one in their Harman P61 and P61a.
The new stoves come with the 3 fire bricks so I do not see the log set on most newer stoves.

Does anyone have this log set? Do u like it?

Is it a good idea?
I know it does get ashy and more work to clean. Maybe nice to have in there all summer for looks?

Comments?
See pics below. Not bad for $80 dollars or so?

Attachments

• HarmanPseriees3pieceLogSet1.jpg
    HarmanPseriees3pieceLogSet1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 389
  • HarmanPseriees3pieceLogSet2.JPG
    HarmanPseriees3pieceLogSet2.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 576
  • HarmanPseriees3pieceLogSet3.jpg
    HarmanPseriees3pieceLogSet3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 411
I think they are ugly in a pellet stove. It will never look light a real wood fire as flames do not go between the logs. This is a heat producing device. If you want the look then buy a wood stove. It is what it is.

I like the looks. I wouldn't buy it though... I'd rather have an ugly stack of eighty bucks worth of pellets in the room :)

Hello

Came across this log set. A few people I know have one in their Harman P61 and P61a.
The new stoves come with the 3 fire bricks so I do not see the log set on most newer stoves.

Does anyone have this log set? Do u like it?

Is it a good idea?
I know it does get ashy and more work to clean. Maybe nice to have in there all summer for looks?

Comments?
See pics below. Not bad for $80 dollars or so?

Yes, I've got one for both my P-43 and Accentra Insert. I put them in my stoves after the burning season is over for decoration purposes only. I remove them prior to starting the first fire. I like the looks of them.

Yes, I've got one for both my P-43 and Accentra Insert. I put them in my stoves after the burning season is over for decoration purposes only. I remove them prior to starting the first fire. I like the looks of them.
I don't like the extra work of them in the heating season but would install in the off season. Now I know what I will do with the gas log sets that I have that were replaced under warranty!

I have one in my accentra insert. Didn't want it initially but the wife did. It is a pain when cleaning but it does make the burn a bit more fireplace like, and nothing so bat mobile engine burn like

I have one in my accentra insert. Didn't want it initially but the wife did. It is a pain when cleaning but it does make the burn a bit more fireplace like, and nothing so bat mobile engine burn like
Agree

I just scooped up a Harman Advance the other day and it came with the log set. The brass trim looks very bad and worn off. Any ideas on how to perk it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.