Harman P35I Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadoniac

Nov 3, 2016
Western Washington
Hi All, I've been lurking this forum for a few years and have learned a great deal. Thanks for all the great info.

I just purchased a Harman P35I to replace a 1991 Lopi 400 insert. The Harman is great but I have a few questions that I could not get answered in my searches for previous threads.

1. There are 2 bolts on the inside of the firebox right below the door opening where the airwash is. These 2 bolts are loosely threaded in. What is their purpose and should they be tightened?

2. The dealer did not recommend putting in an OAK. However, my old Lopi had one that routed through the ash dump and I am thinking about running one on the new stove. Would it be possible to hook up a flex pipe directly to the air intake on the back of the stove without buying the OAK kit? If so, what size duct would it be?

I have a PC45 and did not install an O.A.K. According to the Harman manual for this model a O.A.K. is only recommended in mobile homes.

I think its a 3" fitting for the O.A.K. but don't quote me on it.

Jeremy

Not sure of the bolts, I never paid attention to them. Do the OAK, why blow warm air up the chimney?

Thanks for the reply. That was my gut feeling too. I'm not sure why they would recommend against the OAK.
Not the way it has been done in the past (don't like change), more work, more cost if liner is run to the top of chimney ... I'm sure there's more. Just make sure you have a screen on the end of the metal flex line.

Edit: stove comes with 4" stubs for liner and oak as standard. Can order smaller stubs of 3"

Last edited:
I don't think that Harman actually recommends against an OAK. It does state that you MUST have an outside air source for installing in a mobile home. After looking up the manual it states that the recommend attaching outside air in all installations

p35i OAK install.JPG

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm going to install an OAK. As far as the two bolts I suspect the are for the optional log set. Does anyone have that and if so are there two bolts under the air wash to attach it?

Status
Not open for further replies.