Harman P38+ Auger Motor Impedance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crayfish

Oct 10, 2013
Hello,
I just bought a used P38+ for a pretty good price but the auger motor doesn't turn, even in test mode. The motor windings ring out at 9 - 10 ohms which seems maybe about right but i don't know for sure. Does anyone know the correct impedance for the auger motor?
thank-you

i get about 10.4 ohms on a brand new one. I'd look at the vac switch. make sure everythings closed up.

unhook the feed motor, make a pigtail, plug er into the wall.....does it work then? if so, a plug, unhooked vac line, bad vac switch (as Delta-T alludes to above)

Thanks guys. Do any of you know if they switch the neutral or hot to drive the motor? I hope to dive into this further tonight.

Bad door or ash bin gasket a possibility not allowing vac switch to close. Had the issue when I first brought home the garage Harman. Easy repair when going through the stove and properly cleaning.

Thanks guys. Do any of you know if they switch the neutral or hot to drive the motor? I hope to dive into this further tonight.

I just replaced my PC Board in my harmon..and the wiring diagram said it was the neutral.

I jumped out the pressure switch and the auger worked so it's either the switch or a door seal. Thanks for all the help.

$10 bucks on the door seal, or should I say around $15 for new rope and adhesive.

Reactions: Lousyweather
$10 bucks on the door seal, or should I say around $15 for new rope and adhesive.
I want part of this! My money is on the lid switch boinked or hopper sensor (clogged)....that depends on how old the units is....I don't think its the ash door gasket tho......

Reactions: Delta-T
If the lid switch was open wouldn't the jumping of the vac switch not complete the circuit?

some of the units had the vac sensor connected to the hopper via the "hopper muffler"....AKA the orange doo-dad thingy. this was before the separate hopper lid pin switch.

knowing the age definitely can help with some of these diagnoses.....these units have changed quite abit in the last 2-7 years......

Status
Not open for further replies.