Harman p38 ESP bad, replace control board too?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogilvy

Nov 30, 2011
New Brunswick
Just got back from local Harman dealer. Was looking for replacement pot for my old 2 knob circuit board. They basically said when the pots develop dead spots they just replace the board and really didn't have spare "pots". This being said, replacement boards are pretty much a thing of the past unless I put in an upgraded board.

Dealer showed me an original board they had pulled from another stove that had a bad ESP. Stated that when replacing ESP, they had to replace board aswell. Anyone care to explain the reasoning behind this?

Bad news was they couldn't get me my pots (yes, i could order online.... ) but on the bright side they gave me the board they had pulled out stating that there shouldn't be any issues with it as the ESP was the problem.

Cant get that service from a big box store...

Status
Not open for further replies.