Harman P38 Install W/ Selkirk Direct-Temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gfreek

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2010
WNYS
I ordered an Up and Out Kit, included is stove 3" stove adapter, 3 to 4" adapter, 4" Tee.. On top of the tee fits an adapter for OAK, its 6.5" dia. Spec sheet gives dimensions but not enough. Any one know if I have enough clearance behind the hopper or do I need a short extension to the tee from the stove? There is 4" from hopper back to vent outlet.

Attachments

• Xmas2010,stoves, animals.. 011.jpg
    Xmas2010,stoves, animals.. 011.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 273
  • up and out kit.jpeg
    up and out kit.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 273
u will probably need a 6 inch peice to get it to clear. you want enough room to get the back guard off and service unit. when the pipe is right up against the hopper it is rough to get in there

Thanks. Yea kinda figured after measuring it out, ordered a 3"X6" pipe.

I am sure you will be glad you did the first time you have to service the unit. The p-38 is a great little stove, I have been burning mine for 6 yrs. It does take a little practice to lite. It is not a stove I would want to lite everyday.

rickwa said:
I am sure you will be glad you did the first time you have to service the unit. The p-38 is a great little stove, I have been burning mine for 6 yrs. It does take a little practice to lite. It is not a stove I would want to lite everyday.

It can be a difficult stove to light using the manual`s recommended alcohol gel . After quickly using up my initial 6 bottles (@$8 ea) I now use 91% Isopropal alcohol from Wal mart. It works much better and it`s only $2.49 a qt.

Status
Not open for further replies.