Harman P38 Major Malfunction!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anxiously waiting...

The board pictured looks nothing like the one on my 2004 P-38.
He bought an updated board replacement, 3 knob. The original boards are no longer available

Anxiously waiting...
Well here's the latest. The circuit board checks out fine, the esp was checked and and found to be faulty. The tech advised me that the esp was reading nearly 300 degrees. ( How they determined that I haven't a clue ) That in turn would automatically turn the stove on and run the blowers and fans when plugged in attempting to cool the system. That makes sense to me if I look at the problem and symptoms in reverse. I guess the esp was going bad And my pot switch went more or less at the same time. After 8 seasons being run hard things were bound to wear out, New esp en-route. Thank you SO MUCH for the advice. I've learned a wealth of info on my pellet stove.

Reactions: bogieb and jackman
Great. I guess we all learned something...Thanks

Reactions: jackman
Status
Not open for further replies.