Harman P38 OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m159267

Burning Hunk
Mar 12, 2009
East-Central MO
I have a question concerning the Harman P38 OAK. The kit recommended by Harman for the P38 includes a 2 3/8" ID flex pipe to run from the stove to the outside. The inlet on the stove is at least 3" in dia.. This requires the pipe to be merely 'stuffed' into the opening. Is this really correct? Has anyone actually placed a flex pipe with a diameter that actually fits over the inlet? I have used the recommended setup for several years but it just does not seem correct.

m159267 said:
I have a question concerning the Harman P38 OAK. The kit recommended by Harman for the P38 includes a 2 3/8" ID flex pipe to run from the stove to the outside. The inlet on the stove is at least 3" in dia.. This requires the pipe to be merely 'stuffed' into the opening. Is this really correct? Has anyone actually placed a flex pipe with a diameter that actually fits over the inlet? I have used the recommended setup for several years but it just does not seem correct.

well, the pipe is meant to be put into the opening.......I dont RTV it, as at some point, you may want to remove said pipe to check the intake damper, or the pipe for an obstruction.......I guess you can RTV it, but you will desroy the pipe if you remove it at a later date, most likely........

Status
Not open for further replies.